Our research labs are an integral part of our service offering. Our attention to detail is key to our lab design and execution. Our creative, flexible, and reliable labs support researchers as they work to answer our clients’ research questions.
As a Technology Coordinator, you will work with an incredibly collaborative, inclusive, and supportive team. You will coordinate allocation of IT equipment for a variety of unique scenarios, set up laptops, cameras, and audio capture devices, and assist the Bold Insight IT team as needed. You’ll support research logistics by ensuring each team has the equipment they need, whether they need cameras to capture a driver in their vehicle, a complex setup for a simulated hospital room, or smartphones with screen-recording capabilities.
Must be willing to be in-person at both our Downers Grove and Chicago loop locations as needed. This is a full-time, contract position, with consideration of full-time, permanent position with benefits after 90 days.
Our technology team supports our research labs with equipment onsite at both our Downers Grove and Chicago locations, therefore this position requires the team member to hold a valid driver’s license and own a car.
Qualified candidates will be competent in the following areas, or will be committed to developing competence depending on experience level:
- Strong knowledge of computer, audio, and video technology
- Ability to set up IT equipment, which includes solid understanding of video and audio capture
- Creative thinking to adapt lab technology to flexible environments
- Train Bold Insight staff on IT equipment and setups
- Troubleshoot common tech issues
- Ability to multi-task
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent customer service skills
Experience & education
- Customer service (1-2 years)
- Associate, B.A., or B.S. degree in Audio/Visual Communications, Information Technology, or related fields or 3+ years related experience.
Compensation, benefits, and perks
- Salary for Technology Coordinator: $50,000-$55,000
- Monthly telecom reimbursement
- Choice of medical insurance programs (PPO, HSA & HMO)
- Dental and vision insurance plans
- Short- and long-term disability, life, AD&D
- [NOTE! Beginning Jan 1, 2023, we will offer 100% employer-paid health insurance (dental and vision included) for full-time employees, 50% employer-paid for spouse/dependents]
- Pet insurance
- Industry-leading parental leave policy
- 401K matching
- Monthly bonus plan
- Loyalty bonuses, including an every 5-year travel perk — take a vacation on us!
- Philanthropy hours
- Conference attendance & professional development
- Holiday office closure, generous PTO, paid holidays, personal, and sick time
- Potential for employee ownership
All of our team members, both contract and full-time, enjoy many perks, including:
- Employer-subsidized travel perks
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion best practices incorporated into all organizational workstreams
- New hire Friendtor program
- Home office equipment & supplies
- Team events
Working in our corporate office? We have a lot of fun in our casual, laid-back offices! Whether you’re primarily on-site or occasionally stopping by, you’ll enjoy even more benefits, including:
- Free snacks and drinks
- Office dogs
- Happy hours and in-person team events
- Espresso machines, need we say more?
We work in virtually every industry across hundreds of products.
With a mentorship-model training program, we support your short and long-term career goals.
Incredibly collaborative and supportive team and fun and casual work environment.
A friendly face to help you through virtual onboarding and beyond!
All visitors are required to wear a mask while in labs. Due to vaccine requirements by some of our clients and vendors, employees and contractors must provide vaccination status to human resources.
Note: In the future, we hope to welcome candidates who require a VISA to work in the US, however, at this time we are targeting US citizens to fill available positions.